Please view our terms and conditions for Gift Cards and e-Gift Cards here.
Click here to download the full Terms and Conditions for QFT Membership.
Find an abridged copy of our notice below. Download our complete privacy notice here.
1. This Privacy Notice tells you what we do with information we collect about you. The notice is addressed to individuals who are customers of Queen’s Film Theatre (QFT). We refer to all these individuals as “you” in this notice.
WHO WE ARE
2. We are QFT, a two-screen cinema and a department of Queen’s University Belfast, a Higher Education Provider (HEP).
PERSONAL DATA WE USE
3. When you purchase a ticket for an event at QFT online or sign up for one of our membership schemes we will ask for information about you, such as your name, address, date of birth, gender and billing information. This is known as your “Personal Data”.
We may also ask you for some special categories of information for reporting purposes (for example ethnic origin, sexual orientation). This is known as your “Sensitive Personal Data”.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. We use your Personal Data and Special Personal Data in the following ways:
• to carry out a transaction with you i.e. to allow you to browse for and purchase tickets and other goods;
• to provide the benefits of our membership schemes
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to carry out appropriate and necessary investigations and discharge our legal and regulatory obligations and duties, including to comply with anti-fraud and anti-money laundering requirements, and to safeguard our staff and other customers in respect of unlawful, disruptive or objectionable behaviour in our cinema or on our site
• to deliver marketing material and to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the sites.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. We will only use your Personal Data if we have valid reasons for doing so and dependent on our activities being carried out. These reasons are known as our “legal basis for processing”. The legal bases for processing your Personal Data are:
• Compliance with legal obligations: we are obliged to comply with UK laws and guidance provided by UK regulatory bodies. In particular, we will need to process your personal information to verify your identity, your source of funds for anti-money laundering and fraud purposes. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
• Necessary for the entry into / performance of a contract: When you enter into a transaction with us, a contract between you and us will have been entered into. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract (e.g. to allow you to purchase goods from us), we will need to collect and process your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite information on sign-up and financial information on entering into the transaction or objecting to this type of processing/ exercising your deletion rights will unfortunately mean we cannot provide our goods/services to you.
• Consent: Please note that we will use your personal information in order to provide certain marketing information for the same or similar services you have previously used. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and can object to processing of this nature. Please note: if you withdraw consent for marketing information you will not receive the full benefits of any QFT membership scheme.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
6. We can share your information with the following parties for the purposes set out above. This is done in line with our Data Protection Policy and Procedures.
• with third party service providers, such an email service provider, who provide services to us so that we are able to fulfil our obligations to you or, where we are able to send you marketing information, to do so. Our email service provider is Movio. Other third party service providers include our Box Office system Vista and the survey service Survey Monkey;
• if you have donated money to us and have notified us that you are registered for gift aid, we will share your information with HMRC and the Charity Commission for the purposes of administering this;
• if you have requested that you be added to a marketing list of any of our partners we are running, or have run, an event with during the booking process for that event;
• if we have a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example, if a court orders us to);
• if we run an event in partnership with another named organisation we will also share information with that partner to enable reporting and inform audience development strategy. Any data shared for these purposes will be in an anonymised and aggregated form.
• with funders for reporting purposes. Any data shared for these purposes will be in an anonymised and aggregated form.
7. Sometimes we will not stop using your information when you ask us to, for the reasons described in this notice, but we will tell you about this if you make a request.
8. In other cases, if we stop using your information we will not be able to provide the services that you are asking us to give you. We will tell you about this if you make a request.
HOW LONG DATA PROCESSING INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
9. When your data is no longer required for the purposes listed above, we will delete it within the following timescales: after 2 years since last interaction, box office data will be anonymised; after 6 years, sales transaction data will be destroyed.
For compliance purposes we have included the sections on Online Payment and Refund and Exchange Policy below.
8. Online ticket purchases
11. Refund and Exchange policy