Please note that QFT volunteering programme is under review - we'll update the page with more news in January 2018.
Why do people volunteer?
There are many reasons why people choose to get involved. Here are just a few:
- to contribute to the arts (QFT is Northern Ireland's only dedicated art-house cinema, open since 1968)
- to gain experience of working in an arts environment.
- to learn skills and improve their CVs
- to meet new people.
Who can volunteer?
We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for everyone who volunteers with us. We have volunteers who are students, retired, unemployed, employed, disabled, non-disabled, old and young, from a variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds. You do have to be over 18 to volunteer at QFT.
The main duties of the volunteer:
- Assisting (mostly) evening front of house operations at the QFT to include public performances and private hires.
- During screenings check for visual and sound flaws and reporting these promptly to the Front-of House Manager.
- Admit customers to cinema screens and to check validity of tickets.
- Help clear and tidy the venue after each screening.
- Necessary travel expenses will be reimbursed.